If you’re looking to get a good fat burning workout at home, then bodyweight exercises are a great place to start. These four are my favourite and they can be done anywhere.
Table of contents
Burpees are a basic bodyweight exercise that can be performed anywhere. They’re a full-body exercise, so they help strengthen your arms, shoulders, chest, back and legs.
You can perform burpees with or without a jump at the end. If you want to make them more challenging add some speed to the movement by doing them as fast as possible for 30 seconds in total. This will work well if you have access to an area where there is only enough room for one person at a time (such as a playground).
If you don’t have space around, you then try doing high knees instead of jumping up or adding an extra push up each time before returning down into position.
- How to perform a squat: Stand with your feet shoulder-width apart and your toes pointed slightly outward, with knees just over the second toe.
- Benefits of doing squats: Squats are one of the most effective legs exercises you can do for toning and strengthening your butt, quads, hamstrings and calves. They also help strengthen your core because it works in tandem with leg muscles during this exercise.
- Number of reps to aim for when doing squats: Aim for 12 to 15 repetitions per set (one set equals all reps completed within a specific time frame), preferably three times a week on non-consecutive days.
Get new content delivered directly to your inbox.
To perform a push-up, get into a plank position, with your feet together and toes tucked under. Place your hands on the floor under your shoulders and lower yourself down until your chest nearly touches the ground. Pause, then push back up to the starting position.
Push-ups work several different areas of the body:
- Upper back—muscles between shoulder blades (rhomboids) and upper trapezius muscles
- Triceps—back of arms closest to shoulder joint
- Chest—pectoral muscles or “pecs” which sit in front of upper arm bones
- Mountain climbers are a great movement to build strength in your core, shoulders, and legs. They also help improve cardiovascular endurance. To do them:
- Start in push up position with hands on the ground under your shoulders and feet hip-width apart.
- Bend one knee towards your chest as you bring it toward the opposite elbow while keeping hips stable by keeping them square with the ground.
- As soon as you reach an upright position again, switch leads so that now both knees are bent with hands on the ground under your shoulders and feet hip-width apart again, but this time let one foot come off of the floor slightly behind yourself for a split second before returning to starting position (you may need to practice this so that no momentum is lost from losing balance).
These four bodyweight exercises will give you a great fat burning workout at home.
Burpees, squats and push-ups are three of the best bodyweight exercises for women. They are great for fat burning and building muscle. Mountain climbers are also a great exercise to burn fat and build muscle.
Burpees are an excellent exercise that will help you get in shape fast. These simple exercises can be done at home or at the gym, but they do require some equipment such as dumbbells or medicine ball if you want to make them more challenging. You should start with just your body weight while you build up strength before adding weights into the mix so that you don’t injure yourself from too much resistance too soon!
These four bodyweight exercises will give you a great fat burning workout at home. They are quick and easy for anyone to do, but they work really well for those who want to get in shape fast.
If you are struggling with a barrier that is preventing you from looking and feeling good about your body, then take the Fitness Goals Quiz and see how I can help you.