Fish is widely considered as one of the healthiest foods on the planet. Not only is it an excellent source of protein, but it is also packed with essential nutrients such as omega-3 fatty acids and vitamin D. These nutrients have been linked to a myriad of health benefits, including reducing the risk of heart disease, improving brain function, and promoting healthy skin.
In this blog, I will share three delicious and healthy fish recipes that are easy to make and will help you incorporate more of this superfood into your diet. Let’s dive into the deep blue sea of nutrition and discover the wonders of fish!
Salmon Couscous Salad
1 lb. (450g) salmon fillets
2 tbsp. olive oil
salt & pepper
1 tsp. ground cumin
½ tsp. ground turmeric
2 limes, 1 halved & 1 zested &
1½ cups (260g) couscous
1 cup (285g) Greek yogurt
4 tbsp. water
½ cup (80g) feta cheese,
1 cucumber, diced
4 tbsp. parsley, chopped
4 tbsp. mint leaves, chopped
1½ cups (40g) arugula
2 green onions, sliced
- Heat the oven to 400°F (200°C). Line a baking sheet with baking paper.
- Place the salmon fillets, skin-side-down on the baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil, season with salt, pepper, ½ teaspoon of cumin and ½ teaspoon of turmeric. Place the halved lime, cut-side up, next to the salmon.
- Place the baking sheet into the hot oven and roast the salmon for 18-20 minutes until cooked through. Remove from the oven and set aside to cool slightly.
- In the meantime, cook the couscous according to instructions on the packaging.
- Next, prepare the dressing by combining the yogurt, water, lime zest and juice, and whisk until smooth. Add the remaining ½ teaspoon of cumin, ¼ cup of feta cheese, the cucumber and most of the parsley and mint. Season
to taste with salt and pepper, mix and set aside until needed.
- Add the cooked couscous and arugula to the yogurt dressing and toss to combine. Remove the skin from the cooked salmon and flake it with a fork. Add the salmon to the couscous, and mix through gently.
- To serve, squeeze the roasted lime over the salad, garnish with the green onions, and the remaining feta cheese, parsley and mint.
Curried Cod in Tomato Sauce
1 tbsp. olive oil
1 onion, chopped
2 tbsp. curry powder
2 tbsp. ginger, finely grated
3 garlic cloves, crushed
2 x 14oz. (400g) cans diced tomatoes
1 x 14 oz. (400g) can chickpeas, drained
4 cod fillets (5 oz./140g each)
zest 1 lemon, then cut into wedges
handful fresh coriander, to serve
salt & pepper
1. Heat the olive oil over a high heat in a large pan. Use a pan that has a lid.
2. Cook the onion for 5 minutes, then stir in the curry powder, ginger and garlic. Cook for another 1-2 minutes until fragrant. Now, add in the tomatoes, chickpeas and season with salt and pepper.
3. Cook for 8-10 minutes until the sauce has thickened. Add in the cod fillets and cover them with the sauce. Cover the pan with a lid and cook for 5-10 minutes until the fish is cooked through.
4. Once cooked, sprinkle over the grated lemon zest and chopped coriander. Serve immediately with lemon wedges.
Honey Lime Salmon with Mango Salsa
4x 6 oz. (170g) salmon filets
2 tsp. olive oil
salt & pepper
2 tbsp. butter
2 tbsp. honey
1 mango, diced
1 red bell pepper, diced
½ red onion, diced
handful of cilantro, finely
juice of 1 lime
¼ tsp. salt, or to taste
1. Make the mango salsa by combining all the ingredients together in a bowl, then mix well and set aside.
2. Rub salmon with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. 3. Melt the butter in a large non-stick skillet over a medium heat, then stir in honey.
4. Place the salmon filets in the skillet and cook for 5-6 minutes. Flip the salmon over and cook a further 8 minutes until the salmon is caramelised on the outside and cooked through.
5. Top the salmon filets with the mango salsa and serve immediately.
Fish is a nutritional powerhouse that offers numerous health benefits to those who consume it regularly. From reducing the risk of heart disease to promoting healthy skin, the benefits of incorporating fish into your diet are too great to ignore. I hope that these three healthy fish recipes I’ve shared have inspired you to add more fish to your meal plan and that you have learned more about the wonders of this superfood. So go ahead, make a splash in the kitchen, and enjoy the many benefits that fish has to offer!
I would love to see your culinary creations featuring fish! Share your healthy fish recipes with me on social media using the hashtag #FishyDelights. Let’s inspire and motivate each other to make delicious and nutritious meals that incorporate this incredible superfood. Show me your culinary talents and let’s embark on a journey of health and flavour together.
I can’t wait to see what you create!
Unleash Your Health Potential
Ready to transform your health and fitness journey? Take my Personal Evaluation Quiz now to discover how I can help you achieve your goals! Don’t miss this opportunity to kickstart your wellness journey with me. Once you complete the quiz, you’ll be one step closer to booking your KickStart Call. Let’s work together to create a happier, healthier you!
Let’s work together to create a happier, healthier you!
P.S. These recipes are just a taste of what you can expect in my monthly recipe ebook range, exclusively available as part of your Online Coaching Subscription. By joining, you’ll gain access to a wide range of delectable and nourishing recipes that will inspire and delight your taste buds. Take your culinary skills to the next level and elevate your health journey with my Online Coaching Subscription. Don’t miss out, subscribe today and unlock a world of mouthwatering creations!